One way to use actions to connect with God is through Spiritual Communion. This is a way to be united with Christ when we cannot physically receive his Body and Blood through the Eucharist. This can be done from anywhere. How do I do it?
- Start with the sign of the cross and prayer.
- Read and reflect on the readings from Mass that day.
- Have a real desire to be united with Christ.
- Acknowledge your sins and ask for pardon and forgiveness.
- Receive Christ in your soul and pray an act of Spiritual Communion (see below).
- Offer thanksgiving.
Alphonsus Liguori’s Act of Spiritual Communion My Jesus, I believe that you are present in the most Blessed Sacrament. I love You above all things and I desire to receive You into my soul. Since I cannot now receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You. Amen. Check back next week for more ways you can act on God’s Word from home.